This is a short Tutorial on how to anonymize your online gaming. This tutorial assumes that you have some basic understanding of PCs and how games work.
How does one connect to the internet (and Online Games) anonymously?
There are essentially 2 mayor and affordable ways to anonymously connect to the web and online games:
- Proxy Servers: connecting to the web through another PC
- VPNs: connecting to the web through a private network and using an encryption (tunnel)
In my personal opinion Virtual Private Networks are the way to go here, since they are much more secure and much better suited for online gaming.
How to do it
1. Get an anonymizing service. We recommend HMA!
2. Connect to any server in any location you like (the closer to you, the faster the connection)
3. Find the “IP Bind” Tab and bind all the .exe files you can find in the main folder of a particular game to the list.
4. Enable the IP Bind for all the .exe files
5. Start your game and log in
6. You are now playing your online game anonymously
Why do you recommend this particular VPN for online games?
Because it offers a prepaid payment method where you do not require a credit card. It also allows for very in-depth configuration when it comes to connecting games (or other software) to the internet using the VPN. And lastly it is quite low-priced and offers lots of servers all over the world to change ones IP Address.
Will this cause lag?
No. Any paid VPN service will not slow your internet down to any noticeable degree, if you have a decent connection. If your connection is weak to begin with or you are connecting through a wireless router, then you may want to work on those issues first.
Does this work for all online games?
Yes. It is as if you were using a public internet cafe to log into your game. Other than that really nothing changes at all.
What are the uses of this technique?
It allows for a whole lot of different options: Trading with yourself without the game noticing (if you have a 2nd PC), playing multiple accounts, botting multiple accounts, getting around bans and IP bans, changing your location to access Asian, European or US versions of a game. There are lots of things this can be used for if someone is creative enough.
But the main reason to do this is to protect you, your account and your private information.